Children are encouraged to maximise the benefits and opportunities the technologies available have to offer. Computing provision is an integral part of our curriculum and children are provided with a safe environment in which to learn. We aim to provide a broad and balanced education for all children by addressing their academic, social, moral and spiritual needs within a caring, positive and stimulating environment. We aim to have a positive ethos where there is mutual respect between pupils, staff, other adults and visitors to the school where people are valued and encouraged to have high self-esteem.
· To enable children to become autonomous, independent users of computing technologies, gaining confidence and enjoyment from their activities.
· For children to learn to use computing knowledge and skills to find answers and solve problems.
· To develop a whole school approach to computing ensuring continuity and progression in all strands of the computing curriculum.
· To use computing technologies as a tool to support teaching and learning across the curriculum.
· To provide children with opportunities to develop their computing capabilities in all areas specified by the computing curriculum.
· To ensure computing technologies are used, when appropriate, to improve access to learning for pupils with a diverse range of individual needs, including those with SEN and disabilities.
Information and Communications Technology and Computer Science prepares pupils to participate in a rapidly changing world in which work and other activities are increasingly transformed by access to varied and developing technology. We recognise that Computer Studies are an important tool in both the society we live in and in the process of teaching and learning. Pupils use computing tools to find, explore, analyse, exchange and present information responsibly, creatively and with discrimination. They learn how to employ computing to enable rapid access to ideas and experiences from a wide range of sources. Our vision is for all teachers and learners in our school to become confident users of computing so that they can develop the skills, knowledge and understanding which enable them to use appropriate computing resources effectively as powerful tools for teaching & learning.