Mission Statement, Ethos and Values
St John’s Catholic Primary School has Jesus and his teachings at its heart, enabling our faith to deepen in a community where minds are challenged and thoughts are grown; where children are loved and valued as individuals, and where the talents of all are nurtured and celebrated within a safe, happy and caring environment.
Our School Ethos:
- To provide a Catholic setting in which all children can grow in understanding acquiring valuable skills, attitudes and values.
- To foster a growth of commitment to the love and service of Christ through the teaching and practices of the Catholic Church.
- To educate the whole child; assisting in the formation of happy, confident, caring, responsible citizens who know themselves and the world in which they live.
- To shape today's children to meet tomorrow's challenges in an ever changing world.
- To address the requirements of the National Curriculum by adequately resourcing curriculum areas and creating a wide range of learning opportunities.
- To strive for the highest possible standards of behaviour and all-round achievement.
Our Mission Statement and Ethos underpin every aspect of the ethos and values of day to day life in our school community.
Promoting Fundamental British Values
In accordance with The Department for Education we aim to actively promote British values in schools to ensure young people leave school prepared for life in modern Britain. Pupils are encouraged to regard people of all faiths, races and cultures with respect and tolerance and understand that while different people may hold different views about what is ‘right’ and ‘wrong’, all people living in England are subject to its law.
The Key Values are:
- rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect
- tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs