Science makes a significant contribution to the education of our children. Through their investigations children are able to acquire an awareness of:
- The importance of science in everyday life
- The part science has played in the development of many of the things they use in real life
- The need to treat their environment with care and sensitivity
- The need to treat all living things with the respect they deserve as part of God’s creation.
Through Science our objectives are:
- To encourage children to enquire, explore and observe, so that they can ask questions about themselves and their environment.
- To encourage children to test or experiment in order to progress towards answers in their questions.
- To encourage children to look for links and patterns in their studies.
- To teach children how to record their findings as accurately as possible in appropriate ways for their age and ability.
- To teach and encourage children to draw conclusions or answers from their work.